We’re announcing today a free of charge Testdroid Recorder. Starting from today, you don’t need to buy a license for Testdroid Recorder anymore but it is now available from the Eclipse Marketplace (and Testdroid update site) and requires no license for its use. This great tool will provide you a way to generate Robotium based scripts for your Android apps and games. And, we’re supporting Android L, Unity3D and many other things with it! What a great tool for Android game, app and service developers!
NOTE! Testdroid Recorder is an obsolete product and is not supported anymore. We encourage people to try UIAutomatorViewer, Appium Inspector or Telerik Test Studio.
If you have purchased a license for Testdroid Recorder, we also have great news for you! We’re now offering an official support for Testdroid Recorder for those who have or will buy a support separately. The support for 12 months is now available with a price of $199 per year and our technical support will help you in case of any issues or problems when it comes to this great tool.
Create Account for Yourself
First thing first. In case you don’t have an account to Testdroid products, create it first here. Remember to activate your account by clicking the link that is sent to your email. If you have a valid Testdroid account, you can use it to authenticate yourself and use Testdroid Recorder with it.
How to Install Testdroid Recorder – Updated on 26.9.2016!
If you are not familiar with Testdroid Recorder, here are the instructions to get you up and running with it. Easiest way to get Testdroid Recorder installed is to use Update Manager on Eclipse:
1. Start Eclipse and go to Help -> Install new software
2. Click Add button next to the field asking selecting a site to work with
3. Type a name – e.g. “Testdroid Updates”
4. Select installation package that you downloaded from Eclipse Marketplace. (UPDATED 26.9.2016: www.testdroid.com/updates is not used anymore!)
5. Uncheck “Contact all update sites during install to find required software” and click Next.
6. Select Next when Testdroid Recorder specific information is shown.
7. Install the software. Restart of Eclipse is asked so do that and you’re ready to start recording test scripts!
If you need more information about this product, recording, configuring or working with Testdroid Recorder, check out our help pages.
The work for better Testdroid Recorder also continues so please use it and let us know what new features you would like to see in it.
Happy Recording – and running your tests at Testdroid Cloud!