Last revision: February 19th, 2019
1. General Information
Bitbar Technologies (“Bitbar,” “we,” “us,” “our”) is committed to protecting your (“you,” “user,” “customer”) identifiable information (“Personal Data”). We take your privacy very seriously.
At Bitbar, we understand the importance of data and personal information. We have worked and prepared for the GDPR which went into effect on May 25th, 2018.
2. Information Collection
We collect different types of information when you visit our website when you use the Service, and/or when you send us information or communicate with us.
2.1 Information You Give Us
We may ask you to provide us with specific personal information – including first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, zip code, billing address and other information about yourself or your business – when you register for the service or when you register to receive information. You can choose not to provide us with specific information, but you may not be able to take advantage of many features.
If you provide us feedback, communicate with us via email, participate in one of our surveys, we may collect any of the personal information stated above as well as any other content included in the email or that you submit to us.
2.2 Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our website, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information automatically including your IP address, browser type, operating system, pages viewed, the length of visit and other statistics. When we collect usage information such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the website, we only use this data in aggregate form and not in a way that could identify you personally. We use this browsing information to help us understand how the website is used and to improve the user experience.
3. Use of Your Information
We’ll only use your personal data to administer your account, to provide the products and services you requested from us, and to improve the quality of our service. From time to time, we would like to contact you about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you. Collected user information is never shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. More specifically, Bitbar uses collected data under the following circumstances:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our service and website. We may use your information to support delivery of our services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities.
- To respond to your requests, questions, and If you contact us by providing us feedback, sending technical questions or in any other form, we may use your information to respond and troubleshoot your issues.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical features, promotional and other administrative communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our service, our service offering, and other important service-related notices.
- For billing, account management, and other administrative matters. Bitbar may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to manage accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
Bitbar uses third-party vendors and hosting partners like Amazon Web Services to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the service. Although Bitbar owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Bitbar applications, you retain all rights to your data.
Your privacy is an essential part of our business, and we do not sell, trade or share your personal information with other parties.
We may share information if requested by authorities to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
Bitbar may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
7. Your Rights
- Right to access and rectification. You can access and edit the Personal Data you have provided to us through your Account settings.
- Right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”). To be entirely deleted from our mailing lists, you can email email@example.com to request a deletion of your Personal Data from our database. However, please note that at all times you are fully responsible for updating your Personal Data and removing your Account on the service at cloud.bitbar.com. By deleting your account, any data uploaded to Bitbar cloud is deleted too. We have no way of recovering it after the seven days undo time has passed. Find more information on how to delete your account.
- Right to data portability. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a copy of the Personal Data you have provided us.
- Right to restriction of processing. Email us at email@example.com to request the restriction to further processing your personal
- Right to object and automated individual decision-making. At any time, you can stop being included in marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” button on our emails. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request us to manually stop any automated processing of your personal data, including profiling.
Bitbar may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Bitbar primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least three days in advance of the date the new policy will apply.
9. Data Control and Security
9.1 Data Control
At Bitbar we only process customer’s test result data solely to present the customer with an accurate and valuable test run results. We do monitor customer uploads, runs and results in whole to make sure our service is working correctly.
Customer test run results are their own and nobody else’s while we host them. In addition to the customer and the cloud administrators (Bitbar admins in case of Public Cloud), nobody else has access to user data.
As we provide additional services to our cloud, we continuously seek to implement new security measures to ensure our customers’ data stays safe in our environment.
9.2 Data Security
Because our users generate many data with all the test runs executed, we automatically remove all data older than 120 days. Deleted data is not recoverable.
On Public Cloud setup, users can remove their accounts and all information related to them at any time. While we do our best for securing the public cloud, it still is a shared environment where there can be traces of code from previous users.
On Private Cloud and On-Premise setups we ensure maximum security, these environments are entirely dedicated, controlled and subject to customer’s IT (security) policies. These setups are not affected by GDPR.
9.3 Risk Mitigation and Due Diligence
We are continually improving our service and making sure the data trusted to us by our customers stays safe in our environment. We only use services that on their part also thrive to do the same and seek or already have accreditation for data protection and security measures.
9.4 Breach Notification
Trust and transparency are of the utmost importance for us. If we detect any intrusion to our system, we will first make sure the service is secure for our clients to use, preventing to spread any potential harm, then let our customers know what has happened.