Last revised: May 14th, 2018
1. General Information
Bitbar Technologies (“Bitbar”, “we”, “us”, “our”) is committed to protecting your (“you”, “user”, “customer”) identifiable information (“Personal Data”). We take your privacy seriously.
2. Information Collection
We collect different types of information when you visit our Website, when you use the Service, and/or when you send us information or communicate with us.
2.1 Information You Give Us
We may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information – including first name, last name, email address, phone number, company name, zip code, billing address and other information about yourself or your business – when you register for the Service, when you register to receive information or in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but you may not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
In addition, our third-party payment processor on our behalf will request credit card information to process credit card payments when you purchase our services. Please note we will not store any of your credit card information. If you provide us feedback, communicate with us via email, participate in one of our surveys, we may collect Personal Information stated above as well as any other content that is included in the email or that you submit to us.
2.2 Information Collected Automatically
Whenever you interact with our Website, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) may collect information automatically including your IP address, browser type, operating system, the pages viewed, the length of visit and other statistics. When we collect usage information such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to the Website, we only use this data in aggregate form and not in a manner that would identify you personally. We use this browsing information for internal purposes such as to help us understand how the Website is being used and to improve the user experience.
3. Use of Your Information
We’ll only use your Personal Data to administer your account, to provide the products and services you requested from us, and to improve the quality of our Service. From time to time, we would like to contact you about our products and services, as well as other content that may be of interest to you. Collected user information is never shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes. More specifically, Bitbar uses collected information under the following circumstances:
- To provide, update, maintain and protect our Service and Website. We may use your information to support delivery of our services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities.
- To respond to your requests, questions and comments. If you contact us by providing us feedback, sending technical questions or in any other form, we may use your information to respond and troubleshoot your questions.
- To send emails and other communications. We may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. We may also contact you to inform you about changes in our Service, our service offerings and other important Service-related notices. In addition, we also send emails about new product features, promotional communications or other news about Bitbar. These are marketing messages so you can control whether to opt in or out to receive them.
- For billing, account management and other administrative matters. Bitbar may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons and we use account data to manage accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
We use first and third-party cookies and tracking technologies on our websites to enable us to analyze use of our online services, to improve and personalize your experience of our services and to serve our marketing needs which, on some services, may be tailored to you based on your browsing behaviour and other data held about you.
Bitbar uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. Although Bitbar owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Bitbar applications, you retain all rights to your data.
Your privacy is an important part of our business, and we do not sell, trade or share your Personal Information with other parties.
We may share information if requested by authorities in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Agreement, or as otherwise required by law.
Bitbar may disclose personally identifiable information under special circumstances, such as to comply with subpoenas or when your actions violate the Terms of Service.
7. Your Rights
- Right to access and rectification. You may access and edit the Personal Data you have provided to us through your Account settings, where you can also delete your Account from the Service. You can access, download and delete other data you have uploaded to the Service.
- Right to be forgotten. To be fully forgotten from us, you can email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a deletion of your Personal Data from us. Please note that at all times you are fully responsible for updating your Personal Data and removing your Account.
- Right to data portability. You can also email us at email@example.com to request a copy of the Personal Data you have provided us.
With your consent, we will periodically send you free newsletters and emails that cover the changes to the Service or any other marketing communications. You may change your preferences or opt-out from marketing communications at any time by clicking on the relevant link at the bottom of all of our emails or contacting us directly.
Bitbar may periodically update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Bitbar primary account holder account or by placing a prominent notice on our site. Such notice will be given at least 3 days in advance of the date the new policy will be applied.